Welcome to X-Files News!

Welcome to the XFN Forums

If you have any questions or concerns about the forum, please do not hesitate to contact an Administrator or Moderator for help.

Please find in the link below an explanation of our forum rules. We respectfully request that these rules are followed, as any violation of any of them could result in a ban up to and including termination of forum posting privileges. Bans, temporary or permanent, will be at the discretion of the Administrators and can be implemented without notification.

More Information

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best Quote Ever??

Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #287

What's your favourite quotes or are there more quotes?

I have several, too many to write, just a few:

"Sure, Fine, Whatever"

"Well, it seems to me that the best relationships -- the ones that last -- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. It's like, one day you look at a person and you see more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend... is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."

"Come on Laura, we're married now"

"Call me crazy Scully"
"Mulder you're crazy"

"I'm warning you Mulder, if this is monkey pee, you're on your own"

Then I can quote more, but am also curious what your fave quotes are!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #288

Time passes in moments ... moments which, rushing past define the path of a life just as surely as they lead towards its end. How rarely do we stop to examine that path, to see the reasons why all things happen, to consider whether the path we take in life is our own making or simply one into which we drift with eyes closed.
But what if we could stop, pause to take stock of each precious moment before it passes? Might we then see the endless forks in the road that have shaped a life? And, seeing those choices, choose another path? (all things)

One day, you'll ask me to speak of a truth - of the miracle of your birth. To explain what is unexplained. And if I falter or fail on this day, know there is an answer, my child, a sacred imperishable truth, but one you may never hope to find alone. Chance meeting your perfect other, your perfect opposite - your protector and endangeror. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys - - a search for truths fugitive and imponderable. If one day this chance may befall you, my son, do not fail or falter to seize it. The truths are out there. And if one day you should behold a miracle, as I have in you, you will learn the truth is not found in science, or on some unseen plane, but by looking into your own heart. And in that moment you will be blessed - and stricken. For the truest truths are what hold us together, or keep us painfully, desperately apart. (trust no1)

These are cool serious type ones there are too many fabulously funny oneliners :)
One off the top of my head
Mulder: The man was obsessed with reincarnation.

SCULLY: Being obsessed with it doesn't mean you can do it.

MULDER: Unless he knew something we don't.

SCULLY: Like what? The secret password? (the list)

One off the top of my head, I could go on for ever
"We just curled up like little baby cats, ain't that right honeybunch"
"sure is poopey head" (arcadia)

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #292

• Boston
  • Thank you received: 5
The Trust No 1 monologue is definitely one of my favorites. The Amor Fati constant thing is also up there. Gotta love Scully's speech at the end of Max, too.

Some of my favorite quotes though aren't from TXF, but rather about it. The one in my sig is a fantastic one. The America in Primetime special is filled with some great ones. And Frank is always epic. The second is a response to the first:

"You can't get the truth. You can't. There's a larger truth, though: that you can't harness the forces of the cosmos, but you may find somebody else. You may find another human being. That may be kind of corny and all of that, but that's really it: Love is the only truth we can hope to know, as human beings. That's what Mulder and Scully found after nine years. And that's a lot." -Frank Spotnitz

"I really believe that. I believe that about the X-Files and I believe that about life. I really believe that that’s the most important reality. But I don’t think of love as some kind of greeting card sentiment. Love has to be fierce. It has to be strong. It has to be worthy of being tested and endure in battle. It’s not this flowery, limp kind of thing that so many people imagine it to be. If it’s going to stand up to all the forces that are arrayed against it, it takes a lot of strength and courage. And I think that’s what Mulder and Scully had." -Frank Spotnitz

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #301

That man is a genius. He sure has a way with words! thanks for sharing those
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by trayc.

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #304

• Pluto
  • Thank you received: 10
Basically the entire conversation from "Quagmire" when they're stranded on the rock. Hilarious and profound.

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #305

• Boston
  • Thank you received: 5
Pluto wrote:
Basically the entire conversation from "Quagmire" when they're stranded on the rock. Hilarious and profound.

When I read Moby Dick and had to do a large paper on it, I worked so hard to get one of the lines from this convo into the paper. It made the paper more interesting to write lol.

If M&S got stuck on rocks in the middle of lakes more often, they probably could have come up with the answer to the universe, the location of Atlantis and just about every other big mystery.

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #306

i loved that rock scene!! Here's a few i find awesome:
Season Three ep five " the list"
MULDER: Yeah, but imagine if it were true, Scully. Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
SCULLY: I only get five?
MULDER: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

Season four ep three " home"
MULDER: Why, is there a history of genetic abnormalities in your family?
SCULLY: No.
MULDER: Well, just find yourself a man with a spotless genetic make-up and a really high tolerance for being second-guessed and start pumping out the little Uber-Scullies.
SCULLY: What about your family?
MULDER: Hmm? Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster.

Though this last one isn't a quote i love the way in Season five ep Nineteen ...scully stands in the elevator and looks at Mulder and says " folie a deux...a madness shared by two" and very last quote from same ep....

MULDER: Five years together, Scully. You must have seen this coming

then same scene....

MULDER: Scully, you *have* to believe me. Nobody else on this whole damn planet does or ever will. You’re my one in … five billion

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #307

“I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"
Will forever be my favorite quote!

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #308

You got me thinking about some of the early stuff and I'd say another one of my fave's would be:
Jersey Devil Season one ep 4
MULDER: Don't you have a life Scully?

SCULLY: Keep that up Mulder and I'll hurt you like that beast-woman.

(Scully stops at the door, her hand on the handle)

MULDER: Eight million years out of Africa.

(Scully opens the door)

SCULLY: Look who's holding the door.

Re: Best Quote Ever?? 2 years 5 months ago #309

• AviQuijada
  • I ask the Universe... sometimes he likes to talk.
  • Thank you received: 4
Oh I love that one, though my favorite is... well most of days:
"It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day, you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before." Sighhhh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boston
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Protected by Spam Fighter