Welcome to X-Files News!

Welcome to the XFN Forums

If you have any questions or concerns about the forum, please do not hesitate to contact an Administrator or Moderator for help.

Please find in the link below an explanation of our forum rules. We respectfully request that these rules are followed, as any violation of any of them could result in a ban up to and including termination of forum posting privileges. Bans, temporary or permanent, will be at the discretion of the Administrators and can be implemented without notification.

More Information

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Favourite Guest Star

Brad Dourif as Luther Lee Boggs 2 20%
Nick Chinlund as Donald Pfaster 1 10%
Peter Boyle as Clyde Bruckman 3 30%
Kurtwood Smith as Agent Bill Patterson No votes 0%
Robert Wisden as Robert 'Pusher' Modell 1 10%
Charles Nelson Reilly as José Chung 1 10%
Luke Wilson as Sheriff Hartwell 1 10%
Lance Henricksen as Frank Black, No votes 0%
Lili Taylor as Marty Glenn No votes 0%
Bryan Cranston as Patrick Crump No votes 0%
John Hawkes as Phillip Padgett 1 10%
Michael McKean as Morris Fletcher No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 10 ( KyinHI, Boston, Pluto ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Favourite Guest Star

Favourite Guest Star 2 years 8 months ago #280

• Pluto
  • Thank you received: 10
Many great Guest Stars to choose from, notable mentions also go out to Bruce Campbell, Kristen Cloke, Doug Hutchison, Giovanni Ribisi, Terry O'Quinn, Jewel Staite, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Tobin Bell... and the list could go on forever!

If your favourite isn't included in the poll, be sure to add them to the thread.

Besides Pusher and Donnie Pfaster, I didn't include any re-occurring characters, like Deep Throat or Cassandra Spender.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Pluto.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Favourite Guest Star 2 years 8 months ago #299

• Boston
  • Thank you received: 5
I think of the episodes with the guest stars, "Pusher" is my favorite for the raw intensity of the episode. It's really easy to be pulled in emotionally. However, I think my attachment to it comes more from M&S than Robert Wisden as Pusher, even though he was great.

So I put in my vote for Peter Boyle in "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose". He was absolutely fantastic in that episode. It's a brilliant ep and he definitely deserves the praise.

Re: Favourite Guest Star 2 years 8 months ago #328

• KyinHI
  • Thank you received: 4
Definitely Peter Boyle. He made CBFR the superb episode that it was.
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Re: Favourite Guest Star 2 years 3 months ago #392

• nictri
I personally like "The Travelers", season 5 episode 15. Darren McGavin was on it. He was famous for another show, "Nightstalker". It also worked with paranormal themes. In fact I read it was one of the inspirations for Mulder. I can't remember where but I think it was in an interview with the creator Chris Carter. I also liked that it played off the McCarthy witch hunt of the 1950's. B) B)

Re: Favourite Guest Star 2 years 3 months ago #394

• John Doe
Good shout. I will have to reacquaint myself with 'Travelers' I'm watching season one at the moment but will get there soon it's been a few years. (I'm currently watching the whole show over again)
Its Nick Chinlund as Donnie Pfaster for me purely because he out creeps Hutchison's Eugene Victor Tooms and his character is more complex. I also like Bruce Campball in Terms of Endearment because I'm such an evil dead fan. :evil:

The X-Files Revisited Blog

Re: Favourite Guest Star 1 year 11 months ago #435

• moral dipstick
Jack Black was one from a lot that were not listed. It's tough. Loved him "Ummm... ... ... Zero" (D.P.O. in reply to Scully about what his name is) I still think of him from that even after all the movies he's done since.

The listed... it's a toss up between Lance Henriksen and Peter Boyle... and Lance gets my vote. Both did brilliantly, but I love me some Lance.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by moral dipstick.

Re: Favourite Guest Star 1 year 11 months ago #443

• spectermist
I can't believe Lily Tomlin didn't make the list. She was hilarious in How the Ghosts Stole Christmas... "I don't show my hole to just anyone."

Re: Favourite Guest Star 1 year 11 months ago #446

• Skye
Luke Wilson is my favorite out of that list. He was hilarious and great to watch.
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds