If you’re not able to be at NYCC for The X-Files revival, you can catch the panel following the screening online starting today at 1:15 pm ET. The episode itself WILL NOT be live streamed. But the Q&A panel with Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Mitch Pileggi hosted by Kumail Nanjiani will be available.
Check it out here.
If you’re watching from an iPad or iPhone you’ll need to download the Twitch App from the App Store.
FOX has aired the exciting first trailer for the X-Files Revival. The two-part release occured during Monday’s airings of Gotham and Minority Report. Below you can find the trailer in full. It’s packed with great nods to the original series—familiar faces, flashlights, ceiling pencils—and of course Mulder and Scully searching for answers. As the trailer says, The Truth is Still Out There.
What do you think, Philes? Are you excited yet?
Following our previous report from this morning, here is the official press release announcing the US Premiere of The X-Files event series at New York Comic Con on Saturday, October 10th, 2015. XFN will be covering the event, as always.
As provided by 20th Century Fox Television:
TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX TELEVISION BRINGS STAR-STUDDED PANELS
TO NEW YORK COMIC CON 2015
U.S. PREMIERE OF THE HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED
EVENT SERIES “THE X-FILES”
FAN FAVORITE “SLEEPY HOLLOW” RETURNS TO NYCC
“MINORITY REPORT,” “LOOKINGLASS” AND “BORDERTOWN”
TO MAKE ‘CON DEBUT
LOS ANGELES, CA (September 10, 2015) – Twentieth Century Fox Television will thrill fans at New York Comic Con when it debuts the first episode of the highly-anticipated event series “THE X-FILES.” The worldwide phenomenon will return to FOX on January 24th, 2016, but New York Comic Con attendees will get the first look on Saturday, October 10th. Following an exclusive opportunity to view “My Struggle” in its entirety on the Javits Center Main Stage, convention attendees can look forward to a scintillating panel discussion with “THE X-FILES” creator and executive producer Chris Carter and star David Duchovny, moderated by comedian and “The X-Files Files” podcaster Kumail Nanjiani (“Silicon Valley”). In addition, the stars and creators of Twentieth Century Fox Television shows “MINORITY REPORT,” “SLEEPY HOLLOW,” “LOOKINGLASS” and “BORDERTOWN” will present new episodes and sneak peeks for fans at the world class event.
More details after the jump.
Continue reading The X-Files Revival – US Premiere @ NYCC 2015 – Press Release
Attendees of New York Comic Con will be able to be part of the U.S. premiere of The X-Files revival on October 10th, 2015. The event will be host by Kumail Nanjiani. Chris Carter and David Duchovny will be in attendance for a following Q & A.
As reported by THR, the first episode of The X-Files Revival will be having its World Premiere on October 6th, 2015 at Cannes as part of MIPCOM. The organizers of the event have announced that Chris Carter will be in attendance.
The event is reserved for the convention attendees who are members of the entertainment business, distribution and content creators. No word yet of any additional organized event for its actual premiere for the regular public in January 24th, 2016. To read the rest of the article, head over to THR.
Mulder and Scully are back! And they’re talking this time! Mulder and Scully saying something to each other on your television in 2015. Can you believe it? We can. Check out the new X-Files teaser that aired tonight during Wayward Pines:
And in case you missed last week’s teaser, or if you just need an excuse to watch it again, here it is:
Answering questions on his Reddit AMA, Vince Gilligan confirmed that he won’t be able to join the writing team for The X-Files revival. His prior engagements with production for Better Call Saul take place at the same time that production starts for the new series.
In a couple of articles published today by TV Wise and TV Line, we’ve got confirmation of the finalized deals for these scribes. These are the details:
- According to TV Line, following what we had already reported in our interview with Chris Carter in March, Glen Morgan and James Wong signed their contracts and will be writing and directing an episode each. Glen Morgan will also serve as an Executive producer, as we had reported.
- As has been reported by various sources, including both TV Line and TV Wise, Vince Gilligan and Howard Gordon are not expected to join due to schedule conflicts.
- According to TV Wise, Darin Morgan has also signed his contract and will be joining their team, also confirming what Carter teased in our interview. Contracts for Annabeth Gish and Robert Patrick haven’t been confirmed nor denied. According to TV Wise, Scorpion‘s production schedule might keep Patrick from joining the revival.
- Gabe Rotter will produce, according to TV Wise.
Click on their links for the full articles. and you can also read the summary of what we know so far – HERE.
Cassandra Szklarski from the Canadian Press interviewed Chris Carter this week and got some more information about the upcoming X-Files Revival. Here is the gist:
- According to Carter, the six episodes: “will all be of a piece, meaning that (they) won’t feel disconnected. (they) will all feel as if it’s taking place in what I would call television “real time.”
- The relationship will have evolved. We will find them in a different place than the last time we saw them in IWTB. Regarding the nature of their relationship, Carter adds: “That relationship was kind of mysterious. Did they get together? Didn’t they get together? If they’ve got a child together, when did they get together? These are questions that we will deal with and answer in good time.”
- As we mentioned in our previous interview with Carter, the William storyline will be taken into account.
- A first draft of the first episode has been turned in to the studio and other writers.
- As mentioned in our interview, the credits will remain, with an update to them.
You can read the rest of this great interview, including details about Area 51 and The After, following this link.
With #XFilesRevival set to begin filming this June, fans have been eagerly awaiting any and all new news about the project. Luckily for the fandom, Chris Carter took time out of his hectic schedule to sit down with The Globe and Mail today to talk about the upcoming revival and even stated the likely air date will be in early 2016.
Joel Ransom will serve as Director of Photography for the limited series run. Fans may remember him as DP from seasons 4 and 5.
Mark Freeborn will be back as Production Designer. Fans will remember his work on The X-Files: I Want to Believe.
The revival will seek to be honest to the passage of time, the mythology, and where the characters’ relationships are now.
This 6-episode run may not be it for The X-Files. Carter hints at the possibility of more, and even mentions the storylines may not be wrapped up this go around. Whether he plans to continue the series via film (see our Chris Carter interview) or another limited series run, in true Carter fashion, The Truth is Out There.
Check out the full interview at The Globe and Mail!