If you can’t make it to New York for NYCC, you can get your X-Files fix with fans at another con that same weekend. Geek Girl Con in Seattle celebrates the female geek, so who better to be represented than Special Agent Dana Scully?
A panel called X-Files: Don’t Stop Believing will be held Saturday, October 10th, at 2:00 pm PT. The panel will include Erica Fraga, author of The LAX-Files and Jo Jo Stiletto, creator of amazing nerd burlesque like The Burl-X-Files, as well as Sarah Mirk, Raychelle Burks, Pepper, and Jennifer K. Stuller.
Discussion will include the influence The X-Files had on development of fan culture in the digital age. And of course plenty of speculation about the upcoming revival.
Tickets are still available here and the festivities run Saturday and Sunday.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for is finally here! XFN’s full HD videos of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on stage at the Cutting Room performing “Thank You” and “Helpless!”
All philes buy a tambourine in 3…2…1…
Congrats to David Duchovny on a fantastic performance and be sure to purchase Hell or Highwater available on iTunes and in stores now!
We have teamed up with David T. Harwood at X-Philes Talk X-Files to celebrate the entire history of The X-Files via weekly podcasts! Each week, XFN staff will be co-hosting and will take a look back at all 202 episodes and both feature films in preparation for the six-episode revival set to premiere on January 24th!
Want to come hang out and listen to us deconstruct the series, talk about news of the upcoming revival, and play our way through David’s incredibly insightful (aka extremely difficult) phile trivia questions? Then check us out each week over on iTunes or at the X-Philes Talk X-Files Feed!
Co-hosting episode 1 is our very own Editor-in-Chief, Avi Quijada, and Content Director, Tiffany Devol!
In celebration of the release of his first studio album Hell or Highwater, David Duchovny took to the stage at New York’s Cutting Room last night to perform live. In a surprising and beautifully viral moment, Gillian Anderson joined him on stage to sing, dance, bang a tambourine, and just generally create a moment Philes have long imagined, fanfic-ed, and vid. There to capture the awesome were XFN staffers, including XFN collaborator Rebecca Kabat who quickly uploaded raw footage to YouTube so that fans around the world could join the fun!
XFN has more photos and video coming soon, but for now, enjoy the awesome below!
In case you missed it this afternoon, Glen Morgan is in Brisbane giving Master Classes about Scifi writing. The podcast with ABC 612 goes into the details of his visit but also about the details of the upcoming #XFilesRevival.
This is the gist of his interview but we advise you to enjoy the whole interview HERE.
- Piper Anderson-Klotz will be working in the Art Department for the new series.
- Production starts on June 8th, 2015.
- According to Glen, the first episode written by Chris Carter is terrific.
- Glen Morgan will be writing the second episode.
- Darin Morgan will write the third episode.
- Each writer will direct their own episodes.
- Glen is really emotional and excited about writing Mulder and Scully again.
Stay tuned for more details as they come and you can also read our complete and updated compilation of #XFilesRevival details HERE
Answering questions on his Reddit AMA, Vince Gilligan confirmed that he won’t be able to join the writing team for The X-Files revival. His prior engagements with production for Better Call Saul take place at the same time that production starts for the new series.
In a couple of articles published today by TV Wise and TV Line, we’ve got confirmation of the finalized deals for these scribes. These are the details:
- According to TV Line, following what we had already reported in our interview with Chris Carter in March, Glen Morgan and James Wong signed their contracts and will be writing and directing an episode each. Glen Morgan will also serve as an Executive producer, as we had reported.
- As has been reported by various sources, including both TV Line and TV Wise, Vince Gilligan and Howard Gordon are not expected to join due to schedule conflicts.
- According to TV Wise, Darin Morgan has also signed his contract and will be joining their team, also confirming what Carter teased in our interview. Contracts for Annabeth Gish and Robert Patrick haven’t been confirmed nor denied. According to TV Wise, Scorpion‘s production schedule might keep Patrick from joining the revival.
- Gabe Rotter will produce, according to TV Wise.
Click on their links for the full articles. and you can also read the summary of what we know so far – HERE.
Cassandra Szklarski from the Canadian Press interviewed Chris Carter this week and got some more information about the upcoming X-Files Revival. Here is the gist:
- According to Carter, the six episodes: “will all be of a piece, meaning that (they) won’t feel disconnected. (they) will all feel as if it’s taking place in what I would call television “real time.”
- The relationship will have evolved. We will find them in a different place than the last time we saw them in IWTB. Regarding the nature of their relationship, Carter adds: “That relationship was kind of mysterious. Did they get together? Didn’t they get together? If they’ve got a child together, when did they get together? These are questions that we will deal with and answer in good time.”
- As we mentioned in our previous interview with Carter, the William storyline will be taken into account.
- A first draft of the first episode has been turned in to the studio and other writers.
- As mentioned in our interview, the credits will remain, with an update to them.
You can read the rest of this great interview, including details about Area 51 and The After, following this link.
With #XFilesRevival set to begin filming this June, fans have been eagerly awaiting any and all new news about the project. Luckily for the fandom, Chris Carter took time out of his hectic schedule to sit down with The Globe and Mail today to talk about the upcoming revival and even stated the likely air date will be in early 2016.
Joel Ransom will serve as Director of Photography for the limited series run. Fans may remember him as DP from seasons 4 and 5.
Mark Freeborn will be back as Production Designer. Fans will remember his work on The X-Files: I Want to Believe.
The revival will seek to be honest to the passage of time, the mythology, and where the characters’ relationships are now.
This 6-episode run may not be it for The X-Files. Carter hints at the possibility of more, and even mentions the storylines may not be wrapped up this go around. Whether he plans to continue the series via film (see our Chris Carter interview) or another limited series run, in true Carter fashion, The Truth is Out There.
Check out the full interview at The Globe and Mail!
The X-Files are a few of our favorite things and so when we found out that Li’l Red was following up her hilarious Orange is the New Black Chicken Rap Special with a parody of The Sound of Music’s My Favorite Things, we let out a full blown squee. This song will be in your head for the rest of today, tomorrow, and probably until #XFilesRevival premieres.
Brought to you by Li’l Red and edited by XFN’s Editor, Ky Johnson, My Favorite X-Files is 3 minutes and 53 seconds of musical awesome.